Update as at Tuesday 17th March (On the Parish Council website News, and on the Parish Council’s Corona Virus Page, link above).
Today the government announced that people in at-risk groups will be asked within days to stay home for 12 weeks
This is in order to stop the NHS being overwhelmed!
The groups of people who should take “particular care to minimise their social contact” are:
- People over the age of 70
- Other adults normally advised to have the flu vaccine (eg those with chronic diseases)
- Pregnant women
Also if one person in any household starts to display symptoms, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days.
- People should, if possible, avoid leaving the house “even to buy food or essentials”.
- People could leave home to do exercise but should do so at a safe distance from others.
It is still not clear exactly how things will work out but it is clear that from time to time all of us in the affected groups may need help with things like shopping, collecting prescriptions or sending post. We have individuals and organisations like the shop who can provide support but there is a risk they could be overwhelmed unless approaches to them are co-ordinated. We therefore have established a network of local contacts who can help identify needs and deliver support.
It would really help them if you could
- Register for updates from the village website westburysubmendip-pc.gov.uk
- Let them know if you are in an affected group or want to self-isolate
- Let them have your telephone no. or email so they can contact you from home
- Say whether you would be prepared to phone others to check on needs
Your local contact is ……………………………. Phone ……………………….Email ………………
Sue Reece (870618) Mick Fletcher (870531) Clive Dennis (870297) on behalf of Westbury Parish Council