For all previous Parish Council Coronavirus updates please select the Covid-19 Category on the News Page of the Westbury Website http://westburysubmendip-pc.gov.uk/category/covid-19/
Lockdown restrictions eased.
A further series of changes to the lockdown regime was announced by the Prime Minister this afternoon. The full speech can be accessed here From the 4th July
- Two households can meet together at any one time; e.g. a family can meet one set of grandparents one day and another the next but not together.
- Pubs and restaurants can open but only for table service. To help such venues the social distancing rule will be relaxed from 2 metres to one (though 2 is still preferred)
- Hairdressers can open but not nailbars: cinemas museums and galleries can open but not nightclubs, spas or swimming pools.
- Live theatre, choirs and concerts can still not perform but outdoor gyms and playgrounds can open.
- Hotels, camp sites and bed & breakfast accommodation will be allowed to reopen if shared facilities are regularly cleaned
- Churches and other places of worship can open for prayer and services including weddings with up to 30 guests
We will circulate information on how local businesses and facilities plan to respond to these changes when they have had time to assess the new situation and make their own plans.
The Prime Minister was keen to stress that although restrictions were being eased the virus has not gone away and people need to continue to take every precaution including keeping two metres apart wherever possible. As he said “There is one certainty: the fewer social contacts you have, the safer you will be.” He also indicated that should there be a resurgence of cases local or national restrictions might once more be imposed.
Thank you from the Playing Fields Committee
In a previous update we set out how the Playing Fields Committee needed to continue spending to keep their facilities in good condition while having lost their major sources of income. We suggested that joining the 100 Club was one way to support the committee and it appears that many of you have done so. We are including below a letter of thanks we have received, and a reminder that it is still possible to join.
THANK YOU – from ROBERT GLANVILE PLAYING FIELD TRUST
A big THANK YOU to everyone who has responded to our appeal to join the 2020-2021 100 club.
62 people have already joined which is a great result. In the last month we have been able to pay for repairs to the wind damaged fence and for the RoSPA safety inspection as well as completing regular maintenance.
Hopefully, we will soon be able to open all the facilities for everyone enjoy.
It’s not too late to join as the first draw for the new year will be in the middle of July. If you would like to become a member it is £12 for the year with prizes of £20 and £10 paid each month. All you need to do is put £12 cash/cheque in an envelope, write PLAYING FIELD 100 CLUB, NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS on the front and hand it in at the village shop. If you prefer to pay by BACs the playing field contact details are:-
PAYEE ROBERT GLANVILE PLAYING FIELD TRUST
Sort Code 405240
Account Number 00015438
Put your name as the payment reference and email your contact details to Jan Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Reece (870618) Mick Fletcher (870531) on behalf of the Parish Council